12/13/2011

Penguin love in the Antarctic Peninsula


A pair of penguins hold flippers as if to express their love and devotion in a scene worthy of a penguin romance novel... if such a thing existed. The photo was taken by Silviu Ghetie in Port Lockroy which is located within the Antarctic Peninsula. Said Ghetie, "This is the first wildlife picture I have ever taken but it's actually very apt because it just goes to show you can find the same patterns in both nature and people. I started taking pictures primarily because I was amazed by the landscape. The light and the atmosphere was really interesting. Then as I walked forward the two penguins came into view. I always think penguins look very much like humans from behind anyway but this was particularly funny because they really did appear to be holding hands."

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento