11/16/2011

Umbrella Raincoat


A Columbia University design student has created a waterproof coat which features a built-in umbrella to protect wearers from inclement weather. Athanasia Leivaditou came up with the idea after being frustrated with having to carry an umbrella and shopping bags in the rain. Says Leivaditou, "Rainy days put a strain on my movements. I had to hold the umbrella and do other things at the same time. Instead of getting frustrated with the physical constraints that my body imposed in such situations, I thought that I should come up with a solution. When I came back to Greece a couple of years later, the idea of inventing a useful tool against rain came back to mind."
The fruit of her labor is the 'Umbrella Raincoat' which is fitted with a hood that's shaped like a tilted umbrella. The coat is only a prototype but if enough women clamor for an umbrella-enhanced coat, Leivaditou may have a cottage industry on her hands.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento